Auditions are held in Lake City, Florida. Starting in September 2020. Stay connected for updates on specific place, dates, and times.
Due to the COVID 19 Pandemic, The Southside Idol 2021 season is on hold. At the moment we do not know for certain when the season will begin. As soon as we know more details, we will post it. So hold on to your singing talent because Southside Idol is NOT going away. We are just in a holding pattern.
AUDITION ELIGIBILITY AND TIPS
I. Must be between the ages of 15-25 by or before January 16,2021
II. MUST BE WILLING AND ABLE TO TRAVEL DURING AUDITIONS, REHEARSALS, AND PERFORMANCES
III.MUST HAVE A CLEAN CRIMINAL HISTORY
IV.IF UNDER 16,YOU MUST HAVE A PARENT OR GUARDIAN PRESENT.
V. Must be able to attend ALL mandatory rehearsals and events! This is important.
1. PREPARE AT LEAST TWO SONGS THAT FIT YOUR VOICE. Preferably a slower track, and an upbeat track. Pick songs that suit your style (genre). Show us who you want to be as an Artist!
2. Make sure to bring tracks on COMPACT DISC or smart phone. A Capella is NOT preferred. If playing an instrument, make sure it's tuned prior to the audition. There will be no plug in at the audition. So keep it acoustical.
3. Don't just stand and sing.. PERFORM!!
4. Be original! If you think a song has been overdone, chances are, it has been! Show us originality and pick something not as common, but still relevant.
5. What we mean by relevant- Pick well known songs. These can be anything that fit your style and genre. You are welcome to sing an original song.
6. Sometimes nerves get the best of us. So pick songs that you know you can sing well and perform under a little pressure! However, the judges will do their best to make you feel at ease. Humor is always a good character to have.
7. Dress to impress! Wear appropriate clothing. No need to wear formal attire, but wear what is comfortable. Image is very important.
8. Remember to have fun! Show us your personality and energy!
9. You are unique in your own way. Don’t overthink your audition. Don’t compare yourself to others.